Y ou will not believe what it took to get Episode 3.1 on the air last Sunday. The technical difficulties were all on my end and they were intense! Seriously, my hair was On. Fire.
Here’s what I learned this week:
- WordPress’s “Happiness Engineers” are all wonderful, but they are not all equally skilled.
- HighDef video takes up more space than StandardDef did. A LOT more.
- WordPress has a limit on the size of file one can upload (and it’s a very small size).
- I apparently still have to use third-party freeware to be able to compress my video enough to be able to upload it.
- Compressing the file does not seem affect the video quality (Yay!).
- I have the worst (read: slowest) Internet in the history of Internet.
I was attempting to upload a file that was almost 4gb. Unfortunately, after waiting for seven HOURS for the episode to upload, the site returned an error message saying that it was not successful. I had contacted WordPress after the first three hours – and I was clear about the size of the file. No one said anything other than to let it ride. It was 10 o’clock at night when I contacted WordPress again, only to be told that the file was too big. I have no idea why they didn’t tell me that from the jump. So it goes . . . I got the file compressed and tried again to upload. Success! And then Douglas had to work on the post from his end to get it ready for you to see it on Sunday morning.
So, it was a bit of a rocky start, but technical difficulties not withstanding, things are falling back in to place. I’m happy to be back with you all!
Many thanks to those of you who have already shared some amazing photos of your plants and your growing spaces. Please keep ’em coming! And remember, you can leave questions using the Ask Annie form, leave them in a comment here, or ask them on Facebook!