Welcome to my Sunroom
- Thank you for the star ratings and reviews on FaceBook and also on iTunes.
Tips and Treasures
- First, a tip!
- I hope you are subscribing to the AVSA’s weekly growing tip! But I also hope you are a member of the AVSA – one of the new benefits of membership is the “AVSA News for Members” email.
- Some pretty exciting stuff this time – The Biodiversity Heritage Library, which is one of the Smithsonian Libraries, is now digitizing issues of the AV Magazine! The Smithsonian collection of the magazine is now available online!
- They don’t have all of them, but what they have is an interesting look back at our African violet history.
- What’s the BHL? The Smithsonian Libraries is proud to be one of the founding members of the BHL – a consortium of major natural history, botanical, and research libraries that cooperate to digitize and make accessible the literature of biodiversity held in their collections as a part of a global “biodiversity commons.”
- And now some treasure. I apologize for the quality of this section – I’m clearly STILL getting used to my camera and how does or does not focus . . .
- But I know you’d like to learn how to remove a sucker – Joyce Stork is the expert!
A Look at the Stands
Get the Bail Money Ready
It’s August – that means that Fall is on its way, which means the fall shows are coming up!!
- Rocky Mountain Streptocarpus Society and Mile High Violet Society are having a SALE at O’Toole’s Garden Center on Saturday, August 11th, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Westminster, Colorado
Keep Moving Forward
Thank you for joining me! Remember, you can find All About African Violets: