Welcome to my Sunroom
A LOT of great feedback on the previous episode – particularly in the African Violet Nerds group on Facebook. Thank you!
Tips and Treasures
I was an absolute talking head last week, so I’ll do my best to keep it a bit shorter this time.
- The Great Tray Flip . . .
- My collection is down to 33 varieties. This feels pretty good to me! (I said 32 in the podcast, but found Smooch Me!)
- I apologize for not getting the Limit Your Collection notes up for you. I was trying to pull some photos to go with them, and – as seems usual lately – time got away from me.
- With spring shows on their way, if you are growing for show, NOW is the time to be making some decisions and doing some repotting in preparation for entering your plants!
- There is an excellent Pre-Show Schedule in Pauline Bartholomew’s Growing to Show.
A Look at the Stands
A few changes on the stands, and at least a few of the plants have been repotted.
Get the Bail Money Ready
Convention Info should be up on the AVSA website very soon. Dates are 26 May – June 2, 2019, in Houston, TX.
Spring Shows are on their way!!
- Rocky Mountain Streptocarpus Society, Show and Sale, Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Tagawa Gardens, in Centennial, CO
- Spring Branch African Violet Club, Judging School, Saturday, January 26, 2019, Copperfield Church, Houston, TX
- First Lakeland African Violets Society, Show and Sale, Friday – Saturday, February 8-9, 2019, Christ Lutheran Church, Lakeland, FL
- African Violet Club of Greater Kansas City, Sale, Saturday, February 9, 2019, Loose Park Garden Center, Kansas City, MO
Please check the AVSA Events page for current and coming events that might be near you.
Keep Moving Forward
Thank you for joining me today, and thank you for the star ratings and reviews on iTunes and Facebook, and for the generous donations you have made via Paypal to help keep the podcast going. I so appreciate this!
If you have a question, you can ask me at, Ask Annie!
Remember, you can find All About African Violets: