Behind the Scenes
I’m popping in to share some fun news: I’m the Chair of the New Introductions Gallery Committee for the AVSA 2021 Cyber Convention! I’m contacting hybridizers of African violets, streptocarpus, and the other gesneriads all across the globe to ask them to share photos of their new introductions for the 2021 Cyber Convention!!
AVSA pivoted from an in-person to an online convention last year and is continuing with the online format for 2021. This is a new thing for me, and I’m already having a lot of fun. The team consists of me, Joe Bruns (creator of First Class and First Class 2), and Beth Baker, whom many of you know from the online Facebook Group, African Violet Buddies. Joyce Stork is our advisor – you all know Joyce! We are a great team and we hope to have some wonderful new introduction photos to share with you for Convention this year.
Are you a hybridizer? Do you have some new introductions? Send them to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the particulars:
All hybridizers of African violets, streptocarpus, and other gesneriads are invited to showcase 2021 new cultivars in the New Introduction Gallery, during the AVSA Cyber Convention, May 30 – June 6, 2021. Membership in AVSA is NOT required.
New Introductions are defined as any new hybrid that has not been sold/offered for sale anywhere before June 1, 2020.
- Hybrids may have been seen on social media.
- Each photo must be sent separately and should be named with the hybrid’s name.
- Photos should be at least 1800 pixels wide. Best is to send the large, raw photo right out of your camera or phone.
- Include a description of the hybrid in your email. Don’t worry about format, just provide the description.
- Each photo may have a caption or watermark (but should also include the hybrid name) and the name of the hybridizer with any photo credit requested.
Photos must be received by May 15, 2021. By submitting your photos you are indicating that you are the owner of the copyright of the photos, and you are granting permission to AVSA to use them.
For more information or to send your photos (ONE per email), please email Annie Rieck at email@example.com
Keep Moving Forward
Easy peasy, huh? :-)
I am looking forward to hearing from all hybridizers!!